I was recently reading this article http://www.hoopoequotes.com/collections/item/35749-42-funniest-political-quotes on funny political quotes and was really enjoying it. I even liked the video - I will include it at the end of the post. Once I was through, the quotes which really stuck in my head had one thing in common – the author.
It was Winston Churchill who intrigued me the most. I thought I knew something about him, being one of the greatest leaders in The Second World War. However, I didn’t know much, not really. All I could remember was a chubby guy, a heavy drinker by the looks, and always with a cigar in a hand or in mouth. Healthy lifestyle – way to go, Churchill!
I always remembered him more by his sayings, than by his deeds. And he did much.
He was the Prime Minister of UK before and during The World War II. Churchill was the leader to whom his people rallied to in the time of need. He was the one to lead them from the brink of defeat, to the greatness of victory in one of the greatest conflicts the history has ever seen.
It is hard to imagine what would world look like if it wasn’t for Winston Churchill.
Anyway, we are not here to discuss the legacy of Churchill – we are here to enjoy his words and to have a good laugh. To see more political quotes click here. To enjoy only Sir Churchill’s quotes, keep reading:
- I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.
- MacDonald has the gift of compressing the largest amount of words into the smallest amount of thought.
- My education was interrupted only by my schooling
- The mind is like the stomach you should only asks as much as it can digest.
- I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact if anything I am the prod.
- Personally I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.
- We are all worms but I do believe that I am a glow worm.
It wouldn’t be fair if I was to show Sir Churchill only in funny light. After all, he was a great inspirational leader. His words still inspire many around the world. Who knows, maybe you too will be inspired to greatness by some of his eternal words:
- All the great things are simple and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
- You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something sometime in your life.
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- A cat will look down to a man. A dog will look up to a man. But a pig will look you straight in the eye and see his equal.
- The great defense against the air menace is to attack the enemy's aircraft as near as possible to their point of departure.
I hope you enjoyed these quotes. I often seem to get carried away by reading them. If you are not satisfied and want to read more, help yourself with this collection of funny political quotes.